9/12/2009

Plain talk…


I’m thinking quite a lot about phenomena in the society. Why the society and the world looks as it does. As so many else have done during the time.

Have started to read Jordan Riak’s “Plain talk about spanking” and it strikes me that yes, it HAS hurt us.

And thought further: the ones that are denying the damaging effects of spankings (and other ways of abusing a child) are the ones that are most dangerous for other people - and the society. I think we see this today (and have probably seen it before too, maybe I see it clearer today, than I did, I think, and hope). They tend to get power too, not so seldom a lot of power. Why?

Why are people voting for those persons?

The less you’re in denial the less dangerous you are to other people.

I also thought, with amazement, that you need to be reminded about what Jordan Riak writes even in a country where corporal punishment is forbidden, as the one I’m living in!

I also read a small notice in a magazine I got from the Swedish church about a black-and-white-thinking in the world. With a heading saying something in the style “Strike a blow for the uncertainty”, where you could read that feelings have always been flowing. This is nothing new. What’s new in this is that this flow, or stream, is seen in real time. “Hate this!” and “Hate that!” “Love this!” and “love that!”

Just a click away with the computer’s mouse you get an abreaction of emotions. And you find a lot of like-minded. Which can be both a good and a bad thing.

However, getting together out of admiration is better than a community in the name of hate the writer thought. But in both cases you can close your eyes for things he (she) thinks.

The author calls this phenomenon everyday-fundamentalism. And he (or she?) wants to strike a blow for the ambivalence. For being open and searching isn’t only radical. It’s to defend a whole outlook on man.

But, I don’t know, sometimes the uncertain maybe should be more certain and raise their voices more?

Just some loud and spontaneous thoughts…

Inga kommentarer: