4/27/2008

Morning reflections...



Ain't no sunshine

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone.
It's not warm when she's away.
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And she's always gone too long anytime she goes away.

Wonder this time where she's gone,
Wonder if she's gone to stay
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And this house just ain't no home anytime she goes away.

And I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know

Hey, I ought to leave the young thing alone,
But ain't no sunshine when she's gone, only darkness everyday.
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone,
And this house just ain't no home anytime she goes away.

Anytime she goes away.
Anytime she goes away.
Anytime she goes away.
Anytime she goes away.


I thought further on my former posting; about prevention and avoiding a lot of problems and sufferings a man on the net wrote:

”Having mental/emotional illnesses accepted as ‘normal’ is not the way to go in my opinion, there are reasons why they happen, they are signs of an underlying problem with us humans. It simply is ‘not’ good if someone has to live with voices telling them they are shit, or having a compulsion to wash their hands 500 times a day, or whatever. Its just not! It’s better to see and accept a problem that IS there because then you can do something about it. If we all accept that mental illness is normal then were all stuck with it aren’t we. The causes will not be dealt with.

What I’d like to see is the causes found, and categorically (bestämt) and conclusively [slutgiltigt] ‘proved’, and I expect the best place to look is the way people are treated as babies and children. If 99% or more of mental/emotional illnesses are caused by the environment we are born and brought up in then there are only 2 options left open to us;

  • either we change the way we treat babies and children and try to ‘prevent’ mental/emotional problems from happening in the first place and be ready and able to deal with any emotional problems effectively as soon as they turn up,
  • or we keep everything the same, and in that case we will all have to accept that some people in our societies are going to get ill, and are going to suffer, and are going to be dangers to the public or themselves; all because they are dealing with problems they themselves did not create!

The first option is a rational way to deal with a problem; how long will the second option continue to be even remotely (avlägset, fjärran beläget) acceptable to us?”

But society is still in Denial about these things to such an extent? Or in denial to how common it is? And that not only a few but almost all of us have been exposed, even if not all have been harmed as much or maybe little. And we are in denial about that it isn’t only physical and sexual abuse that is harmful, but emotional abuse is too, and maybe as much? And often children are exposed to all these forms too.

I think society is in denial to how common sexual abuse is too and what sexual abuse actually is?
Searching myself further, wondering…

Inga kommentarer: