4/29/2008

Denying the truth…


from bike ride in the afternoon.

Denying the truth and its consequences.

In the morning sofa on TV this morning a male psychologist and female psychiatrist on the case with the man in Austria holding his daughter as prisoner for twenty-four years. And noone suspected anything. Not even his wife or children?

The psychologist and psychiatrist spoke about an entire, complete need for power and control. Comment: needs for total power and control to keep ones own denied experiences of powerlessness and helplessness down from early? All memories of how it actually felt to be exposed himself, to what? And this goes out on others. And on and on.

The female psychiatrist: It is more damaging to trust if a close standing person commits encroachments, violence and abuse than if a less close commits it.

In a Swedish paper: The man is earlier charged for attempts to rape. Is described by the police as a very totalitarian and manipulative man. He has seven children with his wife and six with his daughter. The last six has their grandfather as father, and the aunts and uncles are also half-siblings. How is that? What a mess.

PS. And I would say the society at large is still in denial... Many "experts" too. Still thinking things like these are mysteries? Are they?

And the truth is held down in other circumstances too... What journalists write in mass media about the state of affairs in the world. Pharmaceutical companies silencing people telling truths... The same (or similar) forces driving all involved in these things? Their unlimited needs for power, control, money etc.... Needs that will never be filled, because they should have been filled early in these persons lives... And they should need to work on these things instead of acting them out destructively on behalf of other people. And many times also self-destructively, destroying their own possibilities for a truly better life.

Needs to exercise power in different manners.

Addition in the evening: also see the blogposting "Pharma Watch Author Outed?" from one year ago.

PPS. And how come noone noticed anything?? Talk about betrayal? There are many people with a need to deny own truths??

A female Swedish blogger is writing things paralleling these I think - about Societal Denial and power abuse. But she is much more angry than I am!!! She is very upset, ironic, and sarcastic.

Really, really upset over male abuse in private life and in scientific circles in different circumstances. And she is married and have a son!! So she can't hate ALL men! In the beginning of her posting she writes about

"...depreciating comments have an important place for how we shall understand exercise/execution of violence."
Yes, she is right. Depreciating comments is a subtle (or not always so subtle) form of abuse... And not especially lovingly or respectfully overseeing? Often with quite harmless things. And once again I came to think of perfectionism and its expressions.

And with a tired smile: there are people saying pretty contemptuous things about how other people write, their spelling... But sometimes I notice misses they do these who expresses themselves critically. Sadly I start to doubt that I am right and have to look the thing I react on up - and, yes, in a special case I am thinking of I was right... An ironic smile. And I know I have a lot to improve myself! How was it now with using what talent you possess? And how many aren't said to have been curbed in their singing, creative and/or untalented painting etc. by teachers in school? But grown ups between these things are allowed???

The female blogger also wrote in the end of her posting (a little freely translated, interpreted by me):

“But, folks, let’s finish this posting [a long one, she had so much she needed getting off her chest?] – after all I have a work to do.”

As I too have, even if noone believes it seen to my diligence in writing, uploading photos, reading etc.

Oppression - what is that?

Played this song with a pupil yesterday.



Tears in Heaven.
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
I must be strong, and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven
I'll find my way, through night and day
Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven

Time can bring you down
Time can bend your knee
Time can break your heart
Have you begging please
Begging please

(instrumental)

Beyond the door
There's peace I'm sure.
And I know there'll be no more...
Tears in heaven

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
I must be strong, and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

Inga kommentarer: