5/03/2008

Burnout...

Babben hugging a colleague, when she returned to a workplace.

[Updated after lunch with two music-videos]. Yesterday I continued with reading earlier examples of the magazine MåBra (which I haven't had time reading earlier) and found things I wanted to write about (see earlier posting on MåBra or Feelgood on "Perfectionism..."). For instance this. A little freely?

“It is difficult pulling the brake in the midst of running (in the speed)!”

a female Swedish actress and stand up comedian Babben (Barbro) Larsson says.

“I have had to work hard on my self-knowledge to heal what has got burnt. The wish to get appreciated by others is such a strong trait in my personality so I have to balance it with taking care of myself. The wish to be seen and understood has to correspond with that I understand myself and see myself. And maybe the best learning is that I am not driven by money and a career. I am driven by lust.

If I don’t feel for it my energy and joy of living quickly declines, fades. This has for instance sometimes led to that one of my most successful years (economically) was replaced by one when I earned so little money so it went minus financially.”

She mentions the notion KASAM (coined by Aron Antonovsky)- the feeling of connection or coherence (a sense of coherence - SOC in English it looks), when she met this notion she understood why she reacted as she did. That she easily landed in a sort of outsider-ship, not affinity or kinship (samhörighet), and didn’t see the meaning with what she did. She got a breakdown. She felt alienated?

About Babben here and here. Earlier postings with the label burnout. Ingeborg Bosch on burnout. And earlier reflections on stress and creativity. Of course your ability to think and solve problems get worse during (longterm) stress!!! If you live under constant inner and outer stress. Of course it is problematic for those having high demands on them, not thinking they are good enough, if the society adds this stress... (quite ironically, yes, even angrily).

Yes, take you in the collar (as we say here) and stand up like Lazarus and walk away!!! (easy to say for some?) Or who was it that took his bed and went?? Never mind.


An SOS to the world.




Just a castaway
An island lost at sea
Another lonely day
With no one here but me
More loneliness
Than any man could bear
Rescue me before I fall into despair
I'll send an SOS to the world
I'll send an SOS to the world
I hope that someone gets my
Message in a bottle

A year has passed since I wrote my note

But I should have known this right from the start
Only hope can keep me together
Love can mend your life
But love can break your heart
I'll send an SOS to the world
I'll send an SOS to the world
I hope that someone gets my
Message in a bottle

Walked out this morning

Don't believe what I saw
A hundred billion bottles
Washed up on the shore
Seems I'm not alone at being alone
A hundred billion castaways
Looking for a home
I'll send an SOS to the world
I'll send an SOS to the world
I hope that someone gets my
Message in a bottle
Sending out an SOS

See earlier postings under the label exhaustion.

Inga kommentarer: