1/24/2009

Anorexia and psychological treatment...

I get so furious (not on the young woman, but at the grown up world, our stupidity); one of my students haven't come to her last two lessons. After the first lesson I sent a text message to her... After the second I contacted the headmaster and according to one of her other teachers, whom I met yesterday, this young woman tried to commit suicide (halfheartedly) a couple of weeks before Christmas, with pills.

She is under treatment for her anorexia. What was this young woman's message? Is she aware of it herself? What was her cry for help about? Does she know herself? Is she allowed to acknowledge? I have my wonders...

See Miller's book "The Body Never Lies" and the third chapter "Anorexia: The Longing For Genuine Communication", where you can read "The Fictional Diary of Anita Fink."

Can I bring my doubts up about the treatment she is receiving for her anorexia with this student I wonder?? And I have to wonder too how MY communication with this young woman is! If it's lacking "genuineness"?

See Miller's site under the label "anorexia"!

The life ought to be so beautiful and wonderful for us all as the picture above...

Inga kommentarer: