11/09/2008

The false hope of changing something and the wall of silence...

a hazy day.

A reader’s letter on Miller’s web made me think. It stood:

“I too had difficulty walking away from these people, I wanted to explain to them and help them understand, but I too from reading your books I learned I cannot make someone to see and understand if they refuse to see their own truth and now I can walk away without difficult.”

No, you can’t convert people who don’t want to become converted believing in things Miller for instance has written about…


But it can be difficult walking away!! More difficult the less response you get!? You stay and beat your head bloody (in a false hope).


Addition: this is the same or similar phenomenon occurring in therapies too! Where clients get stuck in bad therapies with bad therapists in a hopeless effort to get something from the therapist the therapist can't and/or don't want to give. Even things the client has all rights to get. See Helga's story. It looks like many people have experienced what Helga experienced, but there are probably many clients whom never realize this, unfortunately.


And abuse also occurs in other contexts resembling therapies, like in forums dealing with peoples' childhoods... Where people are exposed to abuse by the ones that are responsible...


Inga kommentarer: